Posted to sci.electronics.repair
chuck chuck is offline

Default How can a toll-free number fail on landlines & VOIP but not on cellphones?

On Thu, 23 May 2013 06:33:44 +0000 (UTC), Eddie Powalski
wrote:

On Wed, 22 May 2013 20:52:05 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Send them email pointing to your YouTube video:
http://www.zteusa.com/support_page/

I went to http://www.zteusa.com/phones/t-mobil...html?support=1
But based on the fact ZTE support hung up on me three times
when I asked a simple question about replacing the cracked
screen on a ZTE Concord, I doubt they're gonna care.

I just didn't understand *how* it could be that a landline (blocked)
and a VOIP (probably not blocked) wouldn't get past the initial prompt,
while a cell phone got past the initial and all the next prompts.

Isn't California now part of China?

Just everything south of Summit Road!

Q: Telephonically, how can this possibly be happening to me?
PS: Any ideas Jeff Liebermann?

Why me and what does this have to do with repair?

Well, the recently cracked ZTE Concord *does* have to do with repair:
Which was *why* I was calling ZTE in the first place - but really,
I just knew you'd have an answer where nobody else would so it was
a bold faced (lame) way to get the help I needed for the answer.

I do know that you used to frequent alt.internet.wireless so that's
why I put that there, but I realize now you're mostly on sci.electronics.repair
... and I am on a wireless VOIP WISP ... so that's another (lame) connection.
But really ... the reason I specifically asked for you is that you always
seem to have the answer when nobody else does! (I don't know how you do it.)

I wish you'd go to our inventor's group on Wednesdays in Palo Alto,
but that's another story that I don't want to say more online as I strive
for privacy (while you don't try to hide who you are).

I just got through to the next prompt on a voip line. Chuck