Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Percival Peter Percival is offline

Default Gluing (?) wood to concrete

Brian Gaff wrote:
I've never managed to get concret and wood to glue successfully, so I'd say
sealant and screws as per your idea is best.

Thank you. What sealant would you recommend?

I wrote:
I have inherited a shed made of cast (or moulded, whatever the word
is) concrete for the lower walls on which the rest is built of wood.
(It has a made-up as it was constructed look about it.) The wood is
rotten and I need to replace it. How can I attach the new wood to the
concrete? I could use screws--those things that expand against the
hole they are in when an internal screw is tightened--but that will
leave a crack 'twixt concrete and wood where the rain might get in.
So I need (I think) an adhesive cum sealant. Any suggestions?

--
I think I am an Elephant,
Behind another Elephant