Posted to alt.cellular-phone-tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.internet.wireless
Eddie Powalski Eddie Powalski is offline

Default How can a toll-free number fail on landlines & VOIP but not oncellphones?

On Wed, 22 May 2013 19:04:06 -0700, wrote:

I tried from my U S Cellular cellphone and had exact same experience
as Mr. Macy.

Again, I'm sorry but I'm confused.

In all three cases, the prompt asked to "Press 1 for English".
a. Landline
b. VOIP
c. Cellphone

Yet, *after* pressing "1", only the cellphone went on to further prompts.
The landline & VOIP switched over to a British error message, and then to
a foreign language error message.

Is that what you experienced *after* pressing the "1" for English?