Posted to alt.cellular-phone-tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.internet.wireless

Default How can a toll-free number fail on landlines & VOIP but not on cellphones?

On Wed, 22 May 2013 18:57:25 +0000 (UTC), Eddie Powalski
wrote:

Telephonically, can anyone explain what is going on?
http://youtu.be/JHALM-pJpBM

Yes. When you call an 800 or 877 number, the originating number is
logged on the destination CID device whether you have CID blocked or
not. It's common practice for distributed support pools to redirect
calls by originating country or originating type of call. In this
case, the ZTE call director can recognize the differnce between a call
from a mobile telephone and one from a land line. Calls from mobile
phones are being recognize as potentially existing cell phone
customers and are being directed to the correct voice mail hell. Call
from land lines are assumed to be coming from China and are going to
the local Chinese call center. Someone probably goofed with the
programming. However, I prefer conspiracy theories... maybe they
don't want to hear from anyone on a land line from the USA?
http://thenextweb.com/asia/2013/05/22/zte-denies-eu-accusations-of-illegal-subsidies-and-dumping/
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/18/us-trade-eu-idUSBRE94H03J20130518

Send them email pointing to your YouTube video:
http://www.zteusa.com/support_page/

Inexplicably, every time I call that toll-free number from a
California landline, or from VOIP, the calling sequence always
ends up in undecipherable Chinese (see video above for proof).

Isn't California now part of China? Everywhere I look, all I see is
Chinese merchandise.

Q: Telephonically, how can this possibly be happening to me?
PS: Any ideas Jeff Liebermann?

Why me and what does this have to do with repair?

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D