Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rockler FX router lift

On Wed, 22 May 2013 13:34:43 -0700, Pat Barber
wrote:

On 5/22/2013 11:42 AM, wrote:

Not buying it, at least until the motor stalls. Universal motors
aren't like induction motors, which do have a negative resistance and
will attempt to maintain RPM at any load (or voltage) until they burn
up. There is some increase in current due to the reduction in
back-EMF but it's not that huge. Whether the control is internal or
external doesn't change this.

Since other folks actual experience is not acceptable, why not just
go your own way with a speed controller and let us know what you
found out ?

How am I going to "find out" whether or not it's "bad for" the router?

You have to know that many on this list have been doing this for a
good long time and have made many mistakes along the way and they
share that with others to be helpful.

I'm not looking for heresay.

I am sure that there are E/E's on this list that could explain the more
technical aspects of all this but I doubt you would believe them.

I am an EE, though motors aren't "my thing".