Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default slitting spring bronze

On Monday, May 20, 2013 10:09:40 AM UTC-7, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Ok, 'solutions guys'...

I have some 0.010" phosphor bronze (spring temper) in rolls 6" wide x

80" long.

I need to cleanly slit some 3/8" strips x 80" from this without any edge

distortion.

In addition to laser and water jet, there's electrochemical machining; you could
print it like a printed circuit board, and etch with ferrous chloride to part the strip.

Unrolling it and getting a photographic negative that long for an exposure, though,
isnt an easy print process in this case. I've done smaller parts this way.