Posted to alt.home.repair
Home Guy Home Guy is offline

Default Rebuilding in Moore, OK

wrote:

I’m a builder and I would trust placing my dearest granddaughter
in a F5 tornado as long as I designed and built the structure.

And under what circumstance would you be forced to place your
granddaughter in structure of your design that is about to face and F5
tornado?

The structure wouldn’t be made of wood and it wouldn’t be cheap.
What people need to realize is that it is simply too expensive
to build in certain areas; but as long as you can afford a whole
lot of concrete and steel then have at it.

The point is this:

Why would you want to design and build a house that could face a tornado
and come out with minimal dammage if your surrounding community was
trashed, your trees and surround property was trashed, etc.

Coming out as the only house for blocks that survived a tornado would
just leave you in the middle of a garbage dump with an uncertain
economic future.

Between all the tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, forest fires, land
slides, sink holes and earth quakes that happen in the US, and the
deserts, mountains and other places were you simply can't build a house
or a community, there really isin't a lot of land area in the US where
you can have a home or entire city that can go 20, 30, 50 years without
getting ****ed over by mother nature.