Indyrose

Default Treated lumber for bird house

One of my 4-H wood working kids turned up with treated lumber for
making a bird house. It's the new stuff, AC2-- not CCA -- but I still
don't trust the new stuff.

I'm in the process of telling him why that is a bad idea, and to use
just about anything else instead -- even cheap pine with a good latex
exterior paint for protection.

Although it is touted as being "less toxic," that still doesn't put my
mind at ease. Personally, I wouldn't work with it indoors, use it with
animals (birds) or let kids handle it much. I certainly wouldn't want
to finish sand the stuff.

Am I being too cautious, as the kid's parents seem to think I am?

Indyrose

Reply on the wreck or to my "real" email at indyrose at milmac dot
com.