Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Brown Simon Brown is offline

Default OT. Farage in Scotland

"Windmill" wrote in message
harry writes:

On May 20, 9:42=A0am, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
On 20/05/13 01:56, Simon Brown wrote:

On 19/05/13 17:07, harry wrote:
When/if the recession ends we will see the true price of energy.

the recession isn't a temporary pause in growth: It is the start of
'this is as good as it gets'.

No, all recessions come to an end eventually.

Well if they are in fact recessions...but what it its simply the end of
an era? An era of growth?

Historically, many cultures that were once rich became poor and still
are poor.

Once people stop expecting growth to occur,

Growth will not stop.

Growrh MUST stop.
The planet is only as big as it is.

then we will start to see sane economic policy.

Fantasy, particularly in recessions.

Its people like you who are the problem, frankly.

We definitely need a zero growth economic system.
And zero growth population to go with it.

You're correct, of course, but somehow people don't want to believe it.

In a book, or a footnote within a book, Isaac Asimov played with the
current exponentially-increassing population numbers to prove that
within a historically short space of time it would be 'standing room
only' on the planet, and within a galactically short space of time the
entire galaxy would consist of human flesh.

Some virulent new bug - a worse Ebola maybe - will eventually come
along and kill us before we have time to discover what to do about it.

What will actually happen is that the birth rate will keep
dropping everywhere until there is no population problem.

Already birth rates are dropping world wide without exception
except where the birth rate is already down in the noise.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...fertility_rate