Posted to alt.mechanical.engineering,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

Default The Blitz gasoline can - what went wrong - what needs to be fixed

On Wed, 22 May 2013 14:50:53 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

On 05/22/2013 02:26 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 22 May 2013 13:33:08 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

On 05/22/2013 08:19 AM,
wrote:
On Tue, 21 May 2013 21:22:52 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

On 05/21/2013 09:07 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 21 May 2013 17:14:32 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 5/21/2013 4:37 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:
On 05/21/2013 02:28 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 20 May 2013 13:05:35 -0400, "Steve W."

wrote:

My personal thought is that as long as you're not a
convicted violent
felon or a nut-case who is a danger to anyone you
shouldn't be
restricted from making or owning any type of firearm.

Who would of thunk Iowa allows child molesters to carry
guns, it was
recently reported I see.

I don't have a problem with background checks BUT the way
it should work
is simple. You fill out the form, they call it in, if it
comes back
clear you get to take your purchase and they shred the
form. The dealer
would record the serial numbers in/out BUT with no
names/addresses or
other info.

We don't need no stinkin' forms or checks, or anything else.

Should also be that if you are in a state that issues
handgun permits
that the permit is valid across the country and it
exempts you from
background check unless it is revoked.

The National Reciprocity law proposed died with other guns
measures,
recently.

Now that is the obnoxious thing; apparently I'm considered
legally able to conceal a handgun in my own state, but there
are states in which there is *no* legal way for me to even
drive through with my own legally purchased handgun unless I
just pass straight through and don't stop (e.g. Maryland or
Massachusetts)

sorry for the OT post but this actually does annoy the crap
out of me as I have good friends in both of the states I
mention above...

nate

It gets even worse.
In DC for example you can now own a gun but you can't
transport it, even unloaded and cased, except directly
between your home and a gun range. If you see any defensible
logic in that, you're a better man than I because I don't.
Oh, there are no gun ranges within DC by the way.

You *CAN* pass through DC, or any state, with a gun you're legally
allowed to posses.

True, but if you do more than stop for lunch or gas you can be
technically in violation of the law.

Wrong.

It's not me that's saying that, it's J. Scott Kappas, Esq. and I'm
quoting from the 2013 edition of the "Traveler's Guide to the Firearm
Laws of the Fifty States."

Yes. It's an interpretation of the law made by law enforcment
overreach. It was never the letter or the intent of the law.

I agree, but I'm not particularly interested in becoming a test case,
when driving around DC is so easy (easier than driving through in many
cases.) Maryland isn't much better, unfortunately, and is harder to
avoid. Obviously, when carrying a handgun through a firearm-unfriendly
state, the easiest way to avoid trouble with the law is to keep it
cased, in the trunk, and don't stop.

You'd better hunker down in your basement. There is a cop (or IRS
agent) out there somewhere who's looking to put you away.