Posted to alt.cellular-phone-tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.internet.wireless
Eddie Powalski Eddie Powalski is offline

Default How can a toll-free number fail on landlines & VOIP but not oncellphones?

Telephonically, can anyone explain what is going on?
http://youtu.be/JHALM-pJpBM

I'm trying to call ZTE Customer Support USA, during normal
business hours, which has only one toll-free telephone number,
which is listed at http://www.zteusa.com/contact-us/ as:
1-877-817-1759

Inexplicably, every time I call that toll-free number from a
California landline, or from VOIP, the calling sequence always
ends up in undecipherable Chinese (see video above for proof).

However, if I call from a cellphone, the exact same
calling sequence always ends up in English, as expected.

Q: Telephonically, how can this possibly be happening to me?

PS: Any ideas Jeff Liebermann?