Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Door problems

On Wed, 22 May 2013 12:01:13 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

Discussed this with a handyman who happened to be around working on
other things. He got out three longer screws, put them in the hinges
and explained to me how that pulled the door further back into the
hinges (if I understood his explanation). That worked. He didn't charge
me anything. Of course he will get GREAT recommendations on Angie's List
and any other place I can find.

The guy is good :-\

I just put a double interior French swing door on a sewing closet for
the wife. Needed to pull the jamb over a tad ... wait for it... I
sunk a 3 inch screw in the hinge. Fixed.