Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] recyclebinned@gmail.com is offline

Default Door problems

On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:09:09 AM UTC-7, Kurt Ullman wrote:
Recently hung a new service door going to the outside from the garage.

Initially it was (to coin a phrase) well hung as it closed smoothly, no

hangups, etc. Over about the last 6 weeks or so, it has become

increasingly harder to close and catching at a couple of places as shown

by paint being pulled away, etc.

1) Any ideas as to why this happened (settling? swelling?)

2) Any ideas as to what I can do to fix it?

the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe

Are you on some kind of slope? With the exception of one house that was built on three foot thick steel re-enforced caissons, I have observed that every old house that was built by a slope or rise to be slipping.