Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike S. Mike S. is offline

Default Dehumidifer that lasts 2 years

In article .com,
passerby wrote:
replying to Mike S. , passerby wrote:
retsuhcs wrote:

They're kept on the floor of the same basement room as the summer months,
just not run. I generally turn the dehumidifer off for the season once the
baseline humidity drops below 50%. During the winter, hot air from the
furnace is vented into the room, and the humidity is generally 25 - 35%.

Mine is kept in the *exact same* environment, and not a sign of corrosion
(yet).

Corrosive air, thanks to Chinese drywall? Here is how FL recommends to
evaluate one's home for signs of drywall-associated corrosion:
http://www.doh.state.fl.us/environme...spections.html
Other types of corrosive air: ocean nearby? Electrostatic filter or any
other air ionizing device? Some kind of a processing industrial facility
nearby (petrochemical plant, paper mill, steel mill etc.) haven't yet
moved to China? Doing something ... ahem ... chemical at home? Don't
know, sounds like some sort of an environmental factor to me.

Could be, thanks for pointing that out.

Thing is, in my situation the dehumidifier would be the only object in the
entire basement that is corroding.