Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Bit O.T. Speeding ... ?

On 22/05/2013 12:59, dennis@home wrote:
On 22/05/2013 11:13, fred wrote:

Yes I remember those little parking lights. In those days Old Bill
patrolled on foot the minor streets and would ticket those cars with
no lights. I had a car once where the side lights could be turned on
on one side only by setting the indicator with the ignition turned
off.

My rotary main light switch has parking light left and parking light
right positions.

A bit pointless IMO as the law requires the lights to be on both sides
where parking lights are required.

However, that is not the law in all countries and, at one time, it was
not the law in the UK, hence the clip-on parking lights I mentioned.

Colin Bignell