Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Danny D Danny D is offline

Default Is there a 'magic' solution for dissolving labels on glassware?

The kids used up another plastic gummy vitamins jar today:

But, this Costco vitamin jar was taller than the Costco
mixed-nuts jar that I had used before (still had gas):

So, used a taller Costco red-capped peanut jar, with the
result that the label came clean off:

The label peeled off like peeling the skin off an orange after
only a few minutes in the gasoline:

Unless there's some negative effect, I'd say gasoline is close
to a magic solution for removing stubborn labels from jars:
a) It's cheap
b) It's readily available
c) It works in seconds
d) It's easily washed off
e) It's so volatile, it doesn't even have to be washed off
f) It's not any more or less toxic than the recommended goo stuff