Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rockler FX router lift

On Tue, 21 May 2013 13:47:21 -0700, Pat Barber
wrote:

On 5/16/2013 8:20 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:
I'm considering using this set up for panel-raising operations. While I recognize the speed issues using a PC690, I seem to recall that there are speed reducers available, oui?

Yes...there are speed reducers but they are not good for the
router motor.

If you are going to raise panels with a 690, use a vertical
panel raiser.

I think a router table needs a variable speed router for
typical work and that includes big ass panel raising bits.

How is a variable speed control bad for a universal motor when a
variable speed control on a router (with a universal motor) isn't?

Think your way of working before you purchase.