Posted to alt.mechanical.engineering,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default The Blitz gasoline can - what went wrong - what needs to be fixed

On 05/21/2013 02:28 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 20 May 2013 13:05:35 -0400, "Steve W."
wrote:

My personal thought is that as long as you're not a convicted violent
felon or a nut-case who is a danger to anyone you shouldn't be
restricted from making or owning any type of firearm.

Who would of thunk Iowa allows child molesters to carry guns, it was
recently reported I see.

I don't have a problem with background checks BUT the way it should work
is simple. You fill out the form, they call it in, if it comes back
clear you get to take your purchase and they shred the form. The dealer
would record the serial numbers in/out BUT with no names/addresses or
other info.

We don't need no stinkin' forms or checks, or anything else.

Should also be that if you are in a state that issues handgun permits
that the permit is valid across the country and it exempts you from
background check unless it is revoked.

The National Reciprocity law proposed died with other guns measures,
recently.

Now that is the obnoxious thing; apparently I'm considered legally able
to conceal a handgun in my own state, but there are states in which
there is *no* legal way for me to even drive through with my own legally
purchased handgun unless I just pass straight through and don't stop
(e.g. Maryland or Massachusetts)

sorry for the OT post but this actually does annoy the crap out of me as
I have good friends in both of the states I mention above...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel