Posted to alt.home.repair

Default most economical (gasoline)

On Tue, 21 May 2013 14:37:29 -0400, Frank
wrote:

On 5/21/2013 12:39 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 21 May 2013 09:20:19 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On May 21, 11:49 am, IGot2P wrote:
On 5/21/2013 5:08 AM, Frank Thompson wrote:

Which is the most economical?
to use additive for gasoline for small engines to take care of
standard gasoline with alcohol added or to buy premium fuels with no
alcohol added?

What's the big deal about not using gas with alcohol added? I have been
using it for years in my mowers, tillers, etc. without any problems.

Don

Do a bit of googling and you'll find plenty of problems.
Alcohol attracts water and that in turn leads to corrosion
of carb parts, gunking them up, etc.

The problems with E-10 are mostly involved with storing it. Buy it,
burn it and buy more. You will be fine.
If you are storing a boat, power tool or whatever, run it dry and
store it dry. This is months, not years. The biggest reason this seems
to pick on boats and small engines is that they are stored more than
they are used, usually full of gas.

Page I was looking at, lot of info:

http://www.exxon.com/USA-English/GFM...y_gas_faq.aspx

They even recommend draining your gas tank if not used for a month and
good storage up to 6 months.

Hell, I'm using some 2 cycle mix that must be 5 years old and still good

That will depend on your definition of "good" - and what you started
with. If you started with AvGas, quite possibly actually "good" or if
you stored it in a sealed full can.