Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dehumidifer that lasts 2 years

On May 21, 1:11*pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Tue, 21 May 2013 08:24:44 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
As part of the negotiation, the store manager agreed to
match the low online price we had found, if we would
take the extended 3 year warranty for about $40
extra. * Normally, think these are a waste, but for
dehumidifiers, at the right price, I think they are a good
idea. * So, he bought it. * About two years in, it failed.
He took it back to the store. *They didn't have that
model anymore, but had a slightly higher capacity
model for $25 more. *So, he paid the $25 and got a
brand new one.

Since they sold a warranty, they should have to make good one way or
another I'd think. *I'd have bitched about spending more money. *I
bought the extended coverage in good faith, they should make me whole.

They did have an option of leaving the broken one
for repair, but it was unclear how long that would take.
With the new one, without the $25 additional, he would
have been made arguably, better than whole.