Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Dehumidifer that lasts 2 years

On Tue, 21 May 2013 08:24:44 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

As part of the negotiation, the store manager agreed to
match the low online price we had found, if we would
take the extended 3 year warranty for about $40
extra. Normally, think these are a waste, but for
dehumidifiers, at the right price, I think they are a good
idea. So, he bought it. About two years in, it failed.
He took it back to the store. They didn't have that
model anymore, but had a slightly higher capacity
model for $25 more. So, he paid the $25 and got a
brand new one.

Since they sold a warranty, they should have to make good one way or
another I'd think. I'd have bitched about spending more money. I
bought the extended coverage in good faith, they should make me whole.