Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wond[_2_] Wond[_2_] is offline

Default OTA broadcasts being phased out?

On Mon, 20 May 2013 14:13:00 -0700, klem kedidelhopper wrote:

I have heard from sources, (perhaps not reliable ones) that there has
been talk of phasing out OTA broadcasts in the United States. Switching
just about everything to UHF and making all our tuners useless was bad
enough but this would be the ultimate slap. Has anyone heard anything to
this effect? Lenny

You can see it happening...all the interesting and entertaining
programming is being sequestered to the cable=only stations. Then,
they'll plead that nobody watches OTA.