Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Can I cover over my existing roof?

On Tue, 21 May 2013 08:50:57 +0200, dereklawler
wrote:

Im planning to replace my whole roof but someone suggested me to cover
the existing roof with the new one Im not sure that its good for my
home or not I f you guys have some knowledge about this specific issue
kindly share it with me.

Ask the roofers bidding on the job. If any say they can cover the old
roof, ask the cost difference for a tear-off.
Always have 4-5 bids on the job unless you know it yourself.
Don't know if the roofer population supports that where you live.
Nobody here can see your roof.
Personally, an extra few hundred bucks for a tear-off is worth it to
me. The roofer can see and replace any rotted boards/sheets, and the
new shingles will lay better and look better. Have him put in a new
roof fan if you have one.