Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Air-hose fittings - which style?

On 5/20/2013 10:23 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
woodchucker wrote:

I think I am somewhere in that neighborhood.

Impact wrenches (2)
air hammer
air rachet
air grease lube gun.
air brake bleader.
8 spray guns.

8 Spray guns? Holy **** man! That's lot of guns to have on the line. I
have parts enough for 8 but I only have 6 at the ready. Sheese - who would
have 8?...

They are not on the line all at once. just have connectors.
At most I use 2-3 at a time. Mostly one at time.
I don't use my Binks touchup, cheap touchup, or large Devilbis sprayer
any longer.

I have gone to the gravity feed since they are nice to work with. No
spitting when you get low. Having more than 2 allows you to load
different colors or dye, topcoat and not have to clean between. Most
everything except catalyzed stuff can survive a few days in a gun, as
long as there is enough in the gun and it will cleanup after use.

6 air brushes.

I wish I knew what to do with an air brush. Alas...

5 air nailers

Holy cow! I can only lay claim to one.

1 inline filter for at the gun location (2 connectors 1 male 1 female
) 1 air dryer (inline)

I don't count these since they don't get "used" except to reconfigure
something. I consider them to be more of a fixed fitting.

I only use it for when I run the compressor long... over and over, I
don't trust the separator totally, so I can attach it between my heavy
line and what I call my gun line (really nice braided hose that is super
light and nice to spray with) I put an inline filter right by the gun as
the final catch.

4 inline regulators, using 2 connectors (yea I have other regulators
with separators on compressor and hose reel, but this allows close qtr
adjustment.

Holy **** again! I gotta see some pictures of your setup.

The regulators are plug and play, meaning that I put them at the tool
when needed. Otherwise I have the compressor side, but that can be in
the basement while I'm in the garage, or 45 feet away in the basement.
I have 3 drops in the power tool area, 1 in the hand tool shop, 2 in the
storage area, and one in the garage.

6 blow guns
1 sandblaster.
3 air chucks

Good thing you mentioned that. I hadn't thought about the small stuff like
that - got stuck in the mindset of thinking tools.

about 6 hoses (2 connectors)

Same as previous comment.

So..... no needle scaler? Come on - you can't be serious... No DA's, air
grinders, air boards?

With the welder I could use a scaler.. also to clean off rust when I
rebuild equipment.. thinking about it. Probably would be good on the
compressor I am rebuilding. So far $16 in bearings is all that I am in
for...

I am sure I have a few other air tools that I haven't even considered.
so I am pushing 40 maybe.

I suspect I may be too now that you caused me to think of other things.

But - I still suspect we're on the high side compared to most here.

--
Jeff