mike

Default constructing a wooden scaffold

Frank Shute wrote in message ...
I need to put up scaffolding around my summer house in Finland in
order to do some work on the outside.

Since softwood lumber is plentiful and cheap there I was thinking of
building it myself.

Has anybody tackled a project like this and if so would they have any
useful links that explain how to go about it.

TIA.

Frank, I built ladder type scaffold that I use over and over again.
Consists of 7"-6" 2x4 posts. 5/4 x 3 1/2" x 30" horizontal members and
4pcs 1x3 X braces.The 2x4 posts are mortised 3 1/2" wide on 12"
centers. The first mortise is 18" from bottom. I kept the total height
under 8'-0" so I can use it inside a house as well. I keep a ladder
nearby to climb up on scaffold. Total width is 30" ,height 7'-6". Nice
and light to use,rigid if you brace properly.If you need more height
an A frame type scaffold can be built. Does not allow for different
heights though.

mike