Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Shelby's new supercar

On Sun, 19 May 2013 14:09:12 -0500, "David R. Birch"
wrote:

On 5/19/2013 1:05 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sun, 19 May 2013 10:30:54 -0500, "David R. Birch"
wrote:

On 5/19/2013 8:48 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sat, 18 May 2013 21:16:31 -0500, "David R. Birch"
wrote:

I wanna '68 fastback hemi 'Cuda that Transforms by raising to 10" ground
clearance so I can take it off road while deer hunting.

Why don't you just get a halftrack and be done with it? Sports Car
Graphic, 40 years or so ago, proposed one to be made by Ferrari. g

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlttQ-_KNyM

(ohmigod) Yeah, like that.

But if you're saving the deer hide, don't count on any hair being
left.

No point in saving hides anymore, the tanner I took my hides to, W. B.
Place, has shut down.

Sometime in the early '60's, I went with my dad to look at a used DS for
sale. The most distinctive memory I have is that the seats were so soft
I sank into them and didn't like it much.

That car search ended up with the purchase of a '57 MG Magnette.

Masochist, huh?

It got worse. When my little brother approached driving age, my dad
bought 2 TR3s, one a fixer upper and a worse one for parts. After he got
them home and worked on the better one, he found the worse one had
almost no parts in common with the better one. My brother worked on them
for a while, then stopped, probably because my dad tends to micromanage.

Eh, too bad. Those are really easy cars to work on. Everything is
bare-bones basic and easily accessible, except for the wet-sleeved
block. I liked the starter knob that just pulled a shorting bar to
activate the starter motor. That's my kind of basic engineering. g

Neat to look at but I remember a succession of cracked valve heads.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MG_Magnette

Here's the Magnette that I loved -- the K-3. I saw one at a vintage
race about ten years ago and fell in love with it. It really howls
with that little supercharged six.

The red one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MG_K-type

Cute. Prince of Darkness wiring?

Who knows? That's a real oldie, from the days when MG was a big-time
international competitor. It could be house wiring...

It's smaller than it looks in the photo, BTW.

--
Ed Huntress

David