Posted to uk.finance,uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Contactless cards again! [OT in uk.d-i-y]

On 20/05/2013 15:08, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
Roger Mills wrote:

This article http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22545804 appears to
vindicate what I have always said about contactless cards.

Not only are they vulnerable to fraud by villains with scanners who
don't need to get close enough to arouse suspicion, but it now seems
that they're also vulnerable to *accidental* use!

Advantage is they can probably only grab £20 at a time.

I'm very glad that I ditched my CapitalOne card when they insisted [1]
on replacing it with a contactless card.

I don't believe I've seen one of these. Is it obvious what they are? Or
might I find that the CC company sent me one when the current card
expired and I didn't know it?

Depends how good you are at playing "guess the icon".

Contactless cards icon is "))))" with each one getting bigger.

If you have a Barclaycard chances are it as this functionality now.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown