Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Bit O.T. Speeding ... ?

On 20/05/2013 15:07, Nightjar wrote:
On 20/05/2013 11:01, polygonum wrote:
On 20/05/2013 10:48, Steve Firth wrote:

Yes, but that's because of the manufacturer you bought from who haven't
made a decent car since 1955.

Mind, I doubt there were many curved mirrors at all back then!

David Hockney proposed a theory that the development of realism in
Renaissance art was, at least in part, due to the development of concave
mirrors, which could be used to project images onto the canvas.

Colin Bignell

Sorry - should have been clearer - such things did indeed exist, but
maybe not for automotive use. The exterior ones I remember from near
that era were wing mirrors which were almost entirely useless because
they were not curved.

--
Rod