Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Can a loose connection lead to a blown mains fuse?

Inrush limiter marked with logo something like 8 in a half circle
VEI or UEI , 20SP, 0R7
Having difficulty finding data on this but cold 0R7 agrees.
In 240V land I usually find inrush limiters of cold value about 3 ohms. I'm
wondering if as its a USA made amp then these limiters are used for all
models and its not really high enough cold value for reliable 240V use. I'm
thinking of odd magnetic domains building up in the core of torroids and
occassionally reinforcing the inrush combined with an initially only
marginal rating for 240V use.