Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Can a loose connection lead to a blown mains fuse?

William Sommerwerck wrote in message
I've had amplifiers pop the breaker when turned on. (This is extremely

rare.)
And just the other day, the rear amps tripped their breaker when they were
shut off.

Can you say "statistical variation"? Sure you can.

You have a point there. This amp has an inrush limiter, the heatshrink over
it looks fine. I don't know if a VDR variant or what but if it is the usual
NTC thermistor then its cold resistance of 0.6 ohms looks suspiciously low.
I'll have to strip off the heatshrink and try and find some numbers and data
for it