Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A tractor, a chain, and one less eye.

On Sun, 19 May 2013 22:06:40 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Sun, 19 May 2013 17:13:26 -0400, wrote:

Yeah, pollen, dust, that sort of thing is easily compensated for by
our body. I'm talking the rarity like a fish hook or stone chip that
does not wash out.

Are you saying that you have those hit you in the glasses daily? The
point being that because glasses accumulate dings and grime doesn't
imply that you would be blind without them. Experience tells us
otherwise.

Of course not, but some safety is a side effect of having to wear
glasses. People do go blind every day from accidents and I'm not
talking about industrial situations were safety glasses should have
been worn.

Normal glasses do little to prevent this sort of thing.

They do not state if these injuries are with or without any protection
or protection was ignored, but 2000 are treated every day.
http://www.cdc.gov/Features/dsworkPlaceEye/

It doesn't say much about this issue at all, then, does it?

My guess is most people would not put safety glasses on when opening a
bottle of champagne, but people have sustained eye injuries.
If you happen to wear eyeglasses, some injuries will be prevented.

So everyone should be forced to wear eyeglasses, whether they need it
or not, right? It's for the children, after all.

No, it sounds like you're trying to justify your handicap as being
superior. Silly.

more silliness snipped