Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default A tractor, a chain, and one less eye.

Per Ed Pawlowski:
I've been wearing glasses for 60 years. That is one reason I've not
considered the laser job. Besides, I've had some protection all those
years and it has been handy.

I'm nearsighted: can't see the big "E" on the eye chart.

But with no glasses I can read a computer screen (if I move a little
closer), I can read a book, I can read a map...

With corrective surgery, I would need glasses to do all those things.

Plus, I'd have to have prescription lenses in my safety glasses when
working with tools.

Since I wear sunglasses outside most of the time (prescription
sunglasses...) and, the rest of the time am glad for the added
protection of plain glasses...

The only time that glasses are a hassle outside is on the water - as in
windsurfing or paddling my surf ski. In those cases I use disposable
contact lenses.

I can't, for the life of me, see why anybody in my situation would ever
get corrective surgery.
--
Pete Cresswell