Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Air-hose fittings - which style?

On 5/19/2013 6:52 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
woodchucker wrote:

I have replaced my HF connectors with Home depot connectors cheaper
and they seal better. Don't get me wrong the HF are good units for the
pieces that fit on the tool, but I found that the HD units are what I
needed for a better seal, and cheaper price.

Hey Jeff - I don't know how much you use your stuff, so I can't speak to
your experience. My experience is that I use my air tools a lot - a very
lot. I have come to hate those HD connectors. I'll never buy another one
there again.

I just bought them a couple of months ago.

Long ago I had industrial couplers that I got at a machine shop supply.
Could not find it where I live here. Nothing matched.

I switched over the HF units. They were good. But for some reason the
female in my garage always leaked... even replacing them a few times.

I wanted the type that are ready to connect rather than pull the sleeve
back. I bought about 5 to 7 at HD.. so far so good.. I hate the idea of
replacing them again..

My problem is the Milton connector you all talk about doesn't match any
of my male connectors. So I would wind up replacing them all, and that's
a lot of connectors...I have one Milton that I bought long, long ago.

--
Jeff