Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Shelby's new supercar

On Sun, 19 May 2013 07:15:53 -0700, whoyakidding's ghost
wrote:

On Sun, 19 May 2013 09:48:19 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Sat, 18 May 2013 21:16:31 -0500, "David R. Birch"
wrote:

On 5/18/2013 3:25 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

I wish they'd make these cars look like fukn CARS..... these things remind
me of the Aptera, ferchrissakes....
How bout a '70s vintage Plymouth Gran Fury or Dodge Charger or MonteCarlo
with 1700 hp??

You're stuck in the past, EA. Not that I'm not g.

These fukn Veyrons, SSCs look like cigars with wheels.

Look at the Lambos. They look like Transformers: push a button, and it
unfolds into an Intergalactic Dump Truck.

I wanna '68 fastback hemi 'Cuda that Transforms by raising to 10" ground
clearance so I can take it off road while deer hunting.

Why don't you just get a halftrack and be done with it? Sports Car
Graphic, 40 years or so ago, proposed one to be made by Ferrari. g

BTW, you probably would have gotten along with the Citroen DS19.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citro%C3%ABn_DS

You just pushed a button and the sucker jacked up 10 inches on all
four wheels.

However, with all those curves, it was a bitch finding a place to lash
a deer, without it sliding off.

The SM had enough horizontal space for a moose.
http://www.carstyling.ru/en/car/1970.../images/12367/

But would it rise up on its suspension, like the DS?

BTW, I saw one of those SMs in Europe, and it attracted a lot of
attention. It was quite impressive. Then I saw another one in New
York, among a gaggle of other luxo-cars, and it looked less so. I
guess it looked best when parked next to a Renault R4....

--
Ed Huntress