Posted to uk.d-i-y
Windmill[_3_] Windmill[_3_] is offline

Default OT. Farage in Scotland

"dennis@home" writes:

On 19/05/2013 07:06, harry wrote:

The problem is the Scots don't know what they are voting for and what
they'll be getting on many topics. They'll only find out when it's too
late.

Well they probably want to be in the EU and the council of Europe and
the European economic area.

If they want into the EU they will have to have the Euro.
Britain is the only country with a separate currency and the Scotts
can't keep the pound as they will have different economic activity and
we don't want an independent country to be able to interfere with us.
The EU will want them to have the Euro.

They will almost certainly need to join the council of Europe so they
get the court of human rights as we won't trade with them if they don't
have the court of human rights and EU probably won't admit them.

If they don't join the European economic area they lose the rights to
work or live in the EU. We may have to expel the Scots as would the
other members of the CoE.

I think I got the three different Europes correct there but I am willing
for others to correct it if its wrong.

BTW if we vote on the EU membership who is going to tell the voters
which we are voting on and what will be left if we vote to leave the EU?

Surely you don't expect them to tell us that!

--
Windmill, Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ O n e t e l . c o m