Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default Disappointing news; Baltimore Area (Towson) Woodcraft is closing

On 5/18/2013 5:05 PM, Casper wrote:
Our local Woodcraft (Ohio) was up for sale by the franchise owner. He
also owns a store in Kentucky and can't handle two stores anymore. He
tried selling it but instead it has now changed into a corporate
store, the fourth in the country (so I am told). He had to sell or
pull all the mrechandise from the store before the EoM. Corporate will
not buy old merchandise back. They apparently prefer to keep only new
stock. I am glad it worked out for everybody. Some things are only
available at WC here and a number of us would miss that store.

It's not surprising that no one from the rec is running up to buy up
these stores. Doing so would be like an alcoholic buying a bar and not
having a clue about 12-step programsg.

I know if would be in my case. At least that's what my wife would say...