Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What's your most stupid DIY cockup?

SWMBO says "washing machine is leaking". Sat in front of it and realised
the standpipe was no longer coping with the outflow.

Cleaned as much as I could reach, bunged drain cleaner down it, hot
water, etc. Twice. Each time flushed it through with a quick wash,
interrupt, and forced drain operation.

Went to flush it once more, go outside, watch drain. Nothing coming
through. Eventually go back insode and splash my way across the utility
room.

Yes, forgot to put the drain hose back in the standpipe.

That was 30 minutes ago.