Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT. Farage in Scotland

In article ,
Nightjar wrote:
And things like the proposed HS2. Again, billions being spent. Paid
for by all in the country, but of no benefit to the Scots - or Welsh
or Irish.

If the plans are followed through completely, Scotland will get HS2,
just not in the first stage.

I'll not hold my breath - there's still vast chunks of Scotland with
totally inadequate roads, let alone high speed rail.

In other words, there's a great deal more to it than simple taxation
and direct government spending.

Indeed, but however you work it out, the net result is still that
Scotland receives more than it gives, which would be a problem for a
truly independent Scotland.

There are likely lots of things which the UK spends money on - still
considering itself a world power - that Scotland wouldn't.

--
*I believe five out of four people have trouble with fractions. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.