Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Soldering tinsel wire again, my method

I get plenty of splatters on the floor soldering indoors.. particlarly if I
want to remove some excess solder from a part or cable end (and don't want
to get a desoldering station), I'll heat it on the iron tip and let it slip
off the tip flicking the excess away.

Yeah, double posts only happen when one I'm sending gets hung up in the
Outbox and I try to send it from there.

--
Cheers,
WB

wrote in message
I guess you're so emphatic about proper soldering iron use that you
felt you needed to post it twice! Har Har. Anyway, that bit about
leaving solder on the tip is a good tip and I do it. I also have found
that when soldering somewhere, like under the hood of a car, where it
is inconvenient to wipe the iron tip I just apply fresh solder to the
tip and shake it off. This then leaves the tip clean and ready for
fresh solder and the next joint. It does leave solder spatters on the
driveway though.
Eric