Posted to alt.home.repair
US Judges are the enemy US Judges are the enemy is offline

Default OT Birds crashing into windows!

On Wednesday, May 15, 2013 11:06:33 AM UTC-4, Robert Macy wrote:
What's going on? Last year we had a bird hit the windows, maybe once a

month, or every two months. This year it's been more like 6-8 a day!!

And even the cautious ones hang on the junction ledge and press their

heads against the glass, or tentatively flutter around over the

surface of the glass, as if they could find some opening to get

through. Some of these birds are so aggressive they go to several

windows and sliding doors.

Some birds hit so hard they mortally wound themselves. Most usually

are stunned and just make a horrible flutter/thump sound that can be

heard throughout the whole house, a bit jarring. But, like I said once

a month, or every two months is one thing. But this is getting

unnerving, even in the time I took to type this in there were two

'hits'

Anybody have any similar experiences this year, or ideas as to why the

increase?

PS: many of these birds are 'seed' eaters, so don't tell me we sound

like bugs in here! ok, a giant nut, i walked into that one.

Hang a capitalist scum bucket contractor from a tree. That will scare em away.