Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D Danny D is offline

Default What size electrical junction box fits a 1-inch diameter cableanyway?

On Fri, 17 May 2013 09:18:28 -0700, Oren wrote:

I could tell you were a big guy. Figured you wear ~ a size 11 shoe.

You scare me. A lot! I'm going to have to switch nyms again, just to
start fresh!

BTW, I think every thing you said, turned out to be the best practice, in
the end. As was said by Bob, trader4, and others.

I just didn't understand it all.

Right now, I have to pack for camping, but, the good news is that it's
all buttoned up, and, well, the *original* leaks are wholly fixed!

The key problem is that there are new leaks, at the interface between the
pool pump and the motor.

I think there is a "seal" there that I've never replaced. Maybe I damaged
it. Dunno - but *both* motors are leaking from that location!

Unfortunately, I have the "band" tightened as far as it will go by hand: