Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whirlpool direct drive repair

On May 17, 10:31*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
You're very mistaken, actually. On more than one point of contention. Would you like some more detail, or shall we leave it at that?
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
* *www.lds.org
.
.
"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in ...
If I have remembered correctly, you are by trade a locksmith, not an
appliance repairman. And you are considering charging your *neighbor*
across the street commercial repairman labor charges (which probably
include travel time) to do a job that somebody else here has said takes
only 5 minutes? Hmmmm!?

Perce

I'd have no problem charging a neighbor the going rate in the
area for a one hour service call, regardless of the travel time.
I'd bet very few appliance repair services charge less because
you're a block away instead of 15 mins. Charging $100 plus
the cost of the part seems reasonable to me. If it were
a friend, that's a different story. But a neighbor? If they don't
like the $100 price, let them call an appliance servie company
and find out what it costs.....