Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D Danny D is offline

Default What size electrical junction box fits a 1-inch diameter cableanyway?

On Fri, 17 May 2013 05:12:37 -0700, wrote:

All that you need to do to remove a motor is:
Remove the wires from the terminals
Unscrew the nut that is on the conduit outside the box
Pull off the conduit.
Work the wires out with a pair of needle nose pliers.

I must, belatedly, agree.

I think all my cursing and swearing from the initial motor removals had
swayed me, before we ever started.

If you recall, the original elbow setup made it nearly impossible to get
the wires out, mainly for these three reasons:

1. The covers of the original 3 motors were rusted on tightly
2. The motor had to be spun in order to spin off the elbow
3. It was impossible to pull the spaded wires through the elbow

With the covers rusted on in the past, I couldn't disconnect the wires,
which meant I couldn't spin off the elbow nor pull the spaded wires
through it.

In hindsight, the simpler solution would have been to put a multi-piece
straight-through connector on the motor. Luckily, there's nothing
stopping me from doing so, except I'm heading off to camp with the kids
this weekend.