Chris J Dixon

Default Replacement for Polystyrene Ceiling Tiles ?

Andrew Mawson wrote:

I am having to remove a perfectly good ceiling of polystyrene ceiling tiles
in a flat as they are not allowed nowadays for let properties.

Presumably the previous owner put them up to cover a less than perfect
ceiling (though maybe not as they are of a nice sculpted design and
actually don't look too bad)

Taking them down will at the least make a mess where the glue is - so is
there a modern replacement tile that could be stuck up where they were but
is not inflamable ?

I did my kitchen, 4 years ago, and the tiles and adhesive cost
around GBP150 for about 10 square metres. I guess it could have
been cheaper to have it re-plastered, it would have been the only
option if I hadn't wanted any tiles at all.

If I hadn't done a similar job some years ago, I would have been
discouraged by stockists who told me that no suitable products
were available. They were, after much searching..

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.