Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default What size electrical junction box fits a 1-inch diameter cable anyway?

On May 16, 12:39*pm, "Danny D." wrote:
On Thu, 16 May 2013 11:18:04 -0700, Oren wrote:
... take it to the person on isle 5: *"Give me one of these."

I did exactly that at Home Depot today, and the guy came up with these
nice new two-piece conduit connectors. I also bought extra long lengths
of the 10 AWG wire, as recommended, to replace that which I put in
yesterday:

*http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/13054955.jpg

Note: I did try to find insulated male & female spade connectors; but
they didn't have any for 220 volts and 10 AWG stranded wire; so I'll be
using the waterproof wire nuts with di-electric grease instead, on a
waterproofed junction box on an extra two inches of concrete to keep it
high (although the concrete pad itself is two inches off the ground).

If the box is waterproof why the need for waterproof wire nuts?
If the box was mounted on a post.... it would never get water inside
If the box didn't exist...you wouldn't need to mount it or use wire
nuts.

Are you learning....your way of doing things makes more work for you &
achieves subpar results.