Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT Birds crashing into windows!

On Thu, 16 May 2013 09:07:39 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per Bob F:
Likely, the birds see their own reflections, and are trying to chase away the
intruded. I've heard of placing pictures, for instance - of owls, on the windows
to let them know there is something in the way.

One day I came out to get in my car and there was a robin perched on the
front door chrome trim so it could see the side-view mirror.

It would peck at it's reflection in the mirror, poop, then peck
again.... there was this huge steam of bird poop on the side of the
vehicle under where it was perched. Dunno how long it had been at it,
but it must've been awhile.

OT, but what the heck. . They said most dogs had a hard time watching
tv but the recent LED (or LCD or something) TVs are easier for them to
see.