Posted to rec.woodworking
Gramp's shop[_2_] Gramp's shop[_2_] is offline

Default Rockler FX router lift

I'm considering using this set up for panel-raising operations. While I recognize the speed issues using a PC690, I seem to recall that there are speed reducers available, oui?

Larry

On Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:23:40 PM UTC-5, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"woodchucker" wrote:

Where do you get that limitation?

it's got a 1.5 ring.. but you can go sans the ring, or buy another

and open it up..

I didn't see a 1" limitation.

Bit RPM.

The 690 operates about 22-25,000 RPM.

Once the bit gets bigger than a 1/2" cove/roundover,

the bit mfg starts limiting the bit RPM to about 12,000, maybe less.

The 3 HP routers can go a low as about 8,000 RPM which allows

use of those 3" dia. panel bits.

Lew