Tom Dacon

Default Up-to-date japanning information?

Thanks to everyone who responded. This looks like enough for me to start
with.

Thanks again,
Tom Dacon

"Tom Dacon" wrote in message
I just did a search in rec.woodworking on Google groups for information on
re-doing the japanning on Stanley planes, and found a number of links that
claim to lead to information about the process. The messages I read date
from around 1996 to 2002. Every link I found, without exception, is

broken.

Does anyone around here know about any currently-live links to information
about the process and the materials to use to refurbish or replace the
japanning on a Stanley plane?

Thanks,
Tom Dacon