Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] hrhofann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default Soldering tinsel wire again, my method

On May 16, 8:16*pm, wrote:
I know this has been kicked around plenty but I just soldered a new
plug onto a pair of ear buds and the method I use works fast and works
well and has worked every time for me. I melt enough flux core solder
on the soldering iron tip to cause a large drop to hang from the tip
when held horizontally. I then pass the tinsel wire, which I have
already twisted a bit so the strands stay together, through the
hanging drop. Sometimes I have to pass to wire forward and backwards a
couple times for it to tin completely. I then wipe or shake the solder
off, apply new solder, and do another wire. When I use the above
method the burned insulation and used up flux seem to rise up to and
over the iron tip while the solder drop hanging below stays *clean.
Eric

Whatever works. I would almost be wiling to try some conductive
adhesive, like for auto glass heating strips.