Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default What size electrical junction box fits a 1-inch diameter cable anyway?

On Thu, 16 May 2013 09:15:33 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On May 16, 11:54*am, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 16 May 2013 04:14:18 +0000 (UTC), Danny D
wrote:

It's mostly done. Thanks for all the advice. I learned a lot.

Golly Gee Danny. The octopus has grown

You can get to the strainer baskets easier and remove the tops, IF you
don't trip over that thing. You still have to bonding wire to connect.

Don't trip, okay?

Not to get critical, but I can't help but wonder at his
choice of locations for elbows. Like why they are used
at the top of the pic, where it looks like the conduit could
have gone straight in. An elbow on the motor on the
right and an elbow where the left motor conduit enters the
box would seem more logical.

The OP had his mind made up. See If I can help.

Danny -

- Disconnect the bottom right wire out from the box. Flip it to the
backside of the motor, around the strainer basket backside, under the
union.

How far does it stretch beyond left of the right side pump.

Move the box and the 3 flex tubes, up & back, over, or what makes you
happy.

This will open up a trip free zone :-\